Hard Days

Today was a tough communicating day with Samuel. It didn't help that we couldn't go outside because of nearby storms and rain. I think getting out helps him release energy and causes him to be less frustrated when he cant communicate his needs/desires. Also, Samuel didn't take a nap today...a nap-less Samuel is a fussy Samuel.

I had to get out of the house...so I went to publix to pick up a few groceries. We're always in need of something from publix. While in the checkout line there was a cute little girl in the buggy in front of me. She had a bow in her hair and her eyes were slightly crossed. We made eye contact and both smiled. She shyly brought her shoulder to her cheek so I copied the gesture. We did this back and forth a couple of times, well, long enough for me to look around to see if anyone saw me acting like a child. As I studied her a little more closely I noticed she looked similar to Samuel: her arms and legs were slow and skinny (lack of muscle tone), her smile was innocent and sweet.

Suddenly, her mother spilled a drink on the floor. I helped her clean it up. She apologized. I told her there was no need for an apology, I clean my boys' spills all day, this was nothing compared to the messes I've cleaned. I noticed pediasure amongst her groceries. I'm all too familiar with pediasure.

I'll spare you the small talk....basically her little girl was born with an "H" chromosome disorder (Samuel's is a 16th chromosome disorder). She is almost four years-old and still not walking or talking. She has hearing aides that she doesn't like to wear and she receives therapy everyday, Monday through Friday. Their insurance has already been maxed out for the year for her therapies. They don't know what they are going to do.

I'm going to be praying for that little girl and her family. And I'm going to be more grateful and thankful for all of Samuels days, even the hard ones.


1 comment:

  1. Yes, Baby, We can look around us & find some that is in worst situations than what we are...That Mother maybe doesn't know of God's mercy & love He has for us.. You are right to be thankful for everything that Samuel does...He is a SMART child. I am reminded of the child that was lame from his mother's womb & Jesus told the people that the parents did not sin, but that was for the Glory of God. We are serving an Awesome God, Lord & Saviour. Just keep your Faith in the Lord..You & Michael are good parents...The Lord will Bless & Keep you all four...Love you,

    ReplyDelete