com·mu·ni·ca·tion   [kuh-myoo-ni-key-shuhn]

Today we went to Auburn to see Daddy at work and stopped by and saw DeAnn and Jordi.  So glad I got to see them.  They are such an encouragement.  While there, Gabriel almost broke a couple of lamps and dumped a jar full of vintage marbles all over the floor; Samuel pooped and got to play with an iPad.  Which brings me to my next point:  The speech therapist suggests that we get Samuel an iPad as a communication devise.  I don't want to pay that much just for a 3 year old to destroy it.  What is cheaper but still allows communication apps?

Currently, these are our communication methods:
The photos are velcroed on the pages...he likes to pull them off so he can
hear the velcro scratch...not a good method of communication


These he likes to dump onto the floor so Gabriel can chew on them and hide them.
The only ones he actually uses are the ones out of the box:  "Drink", "Jump Jump Jump" & "Cookies"


So the app that we would need is Picture Card Maker.  I found this website. But I don't know if this is compatible with a tablet or kindle fire.  Everyone seems to think that just because we are pilots we are tech savvy....we are completely the opposite!  HELP!!!





3 comments:

  1. The site had some good ideas...Did you read where they said that it was campatible to I-phone & I-pad? Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best bet is to go some where like Best Buy and ask them which tablets would be able to use the app. I know that not all smart phones are the same when it comes to which apps you can use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I just tell them the name of the app and they can tell me what it is compatible with?

      Delete